Fast Facts: The State of Mental Health
Currently 26% of Americans report poor mental health and nearly half receive no treatment, due to lack of access. This is not only a National crisis, but one that hits close to home, as well. In 2019 15.3% of Coloradans reported poor mental health as compared to 11.9% in 2017. That’s more than 880,000 friends, family members, and neighbors in the state of Colorado who are struggling, many without any help. Of those who are unable to seek treatment, 61.1% of individuals cited cost as the primary reason. 83% didn’t have insurance coverage for mental health services. In response, communities are finding creative and unique ways to bridge the gap, because no one should have to struggle with mental illness alone.
Bridging the Gap: Spark’s Mental Wellness Program
At Spark the Change Colorado, we believe access to necessary care is a right. Over the years, we have seen the power of Colorado and the change makers who live here. We feel it is our duty to support all Colorado communities in the ways that they need, especially when it comes to mental wellness.
Spark’s statewide Mental Wellness Program connects VOLUNTEER licensed and insured mental health professionals to Coloradans in need of counseling and other mental health services. In 2021, Spark’s Mental Wellness Program connected over 1,300 individuals to over 1,500 hours of free mental health services in their communities; more in a single year than ever before. We know, firsthand, the devastating impact resulting from a global pandemic, social and civil unrest, natural disasters, and everything that has come in the past 2 years.
How YOU Can Help!
Our Mental Wellness Program and its talented volunteers continue to provide these necessary services through the support, engagement, and giving of community change makers like you. As 2021 comes to a close and the Season of Giving begins, we ask that you lead with your passions and dedicate to supporting a cause that means something to you. If access to mental health services for all, regardless of income, is something that you feel passionate about, consider giving to Spark the Change Colorado and our statewide Mental Wellness Program.
Ways to Give
Join the Movement of Good — It’s the Colorado Way! Spark a Connection in the following ways:
- You can make a donation: Our goal for the remainder of 2021 is to raise $25,000 for our programs. If you’d like to support our efforts as an organization, or allocate your gift directly to the Mental Wellness Program, donate to our Colorado Gives Day campaign here.
- You can volunteer: Are you a licensed and insured therapist, a clinical supervisor, or a candidate for licensure? Join our team of change makers by volunteering today!
- You can become a Host Site: Do you represent an organization that is interested in hosting a mental health volunteer on site? Become a Host Site.
- You can become a Spark Member: Do you represent an organization that regularly recruits volunteers? Become a Spark Member and access benefits and opportunities to support your volunteer program!
- You can learn more about us and our programs: Knowledge is power, and only YOU know what your community needs! Learn more about our programs and opportunities so you can spread the word and become an ambassador for your local community.
- You can Join our Emailing Lists: Stay up-to-date on all things Spark by joining our email lists!
Join the Movement of Good and Give Where You Live: December 7th, 2021 for Colorado Gives Day
Spark belonging, connection, and courage with our Mental Wellness Program: https://www.coloradogives.org/sparkthechangecolorado/overview