April is Global Volunteer Month!
An initiative of Points of Light, GVM is an opportunity to celebrate the impact of nonprofits that harness the power of volunteers to tackle society’s greatest challenges, build stronger, more vibrant communities and take action that changes the world. Points of Light is asking everyone to join the chorus of voices in a global shower of appreciation this April and continue volunteer recognition and appreciation throughout the month.
What Does Points of Light Offer?
Interested in learning more about Global Volunteer Month and specific volunteers making a difference? Check out the Daily Point of Light Award, which honors exceptional volunteers, celebrating the power of the individual to spark change and improve the world.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes, celebrates and holds up as role models Americans making a positive impact as engaged and deeply committed volunteers. For more on Points of Light’s GVM strategy, visit: https://www.pointsoflight.org/global-volunteer-month/.
What Does Spark Offer?
At Spark the Change Colorado, we are igniting a new definition of service! Being of service to others is an exhilarating opportunity to spark something remarkable within ourselves. Volunteers can engage with Spark in a variety of ways this GVM and beyond!
- Volunteer with one of our programs, including our Mental Wellness Program, Senior Companion Program, Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP), or the Colorado Responds Disaster Program.
- Volunteers can find hundreds of opportunities to engage on our website!
- Educate family, friends, and employees on the importance of volunteering.
- Recognize volunteer champions in your own work!
- Take part in Good Deeds Day.
- Like and Share what Spark is doing! Throughout the month, we’ll share more GVM news on our social media pages, website, blog, and in our new Fuel for Thought and Spark Plug e-newsletters!
Download the Points of Light Global Volunteer Month Nonprofit Toolkit for more.
Leave a Reply